Saturday, July 12, 2014

Customized Magic Bands

So Magic Bands have now been in use since last fall. It started out with bland gray bracelets, then you could choose between a limited selection prior to your vacation, and now you can buy your own for around $13 inside the parks!
The colors are still limited for my taste, and many other people as well. Fortunately there is an extremely easy way to personalize them quickly and inexpensively.
I have small wrists so I took off the extra gray/black band extender to have the "child size" band. All you need is nail polish to make the otherwise generic into one of a kind!

Before-

Make sure the band is clean and doesn't have any residue before starting. I used a teal sparkly nail polish for the base, let it dry, then taped off chevron stripes. For the stripes I used a coral/bright pink then added a glow in the dark pink nail polish as a top coat to it. Let the polish dry completely (over night is great) before wearing it to the park. I've had mine decorated for over 2 months now and the polish is still intact and not peeling at all.
Finished-

No comments:

Post a Comment